Please find a map below which illustrates our local delivery charges. This map is provided to indicate the approximate return journey charge for deliveries. However, if you require an accurate quotation please contact us providing your street number and postcode and one of our team will give you a definite figure. Please note for journeys outside of the charging area, the return journey is charged separately and calculated at £1 per mile from Threaplands.
Delivery Zone Charges
Zone 1 – £10
Zone 2 – £20
Zone 3 – £30
Zone 4 – £40
Zone 5 – £50
For quantities larger than 10 tonnes (topsoil/bark/gravels) please call the Garden Centre on 01343 842245 for an estimated delivery cost, or contact us as we may be able to offer a direct delivery service which will be more cost effective to our customers.
Please note our Delivery Service Terms and Conditions below:
- The majority of our products will be delivered to your driveway.
- Some items can be delivered to the kerb-side (the street outside your home) by prior arrangement; however we will not leave products on public property without you taking responsibility for us doing so. We would advise you to seek consent from the relative authority or third party concerned.
- Additional lifting and carrying of goods beyond the front driveway can be accommodated by prior arrangement and may attract an additional charge.
- Heavy or Bulky items that require two men to lift / unload the delivery vehicle will have a £10 surcharge added to the delivery costs.
- You don’t need to be in to receive your delivery as long as full payment has been made and detailed instructions on where to deliver and where to tip / unload have been received.
- Items such as top soil, bark mulch, sands and gravels are delivered loose and can be tipped on to a tarpaulin supplied or left out by the customer.
- Deliveries will normally occur between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, including bank holidays. The exact timing of your delivery cannot be guaranteed. Deliveries outwith our normal delivery hours can be arranged by prior agreement and may attract an additional charge.
- We will require a full delivery address including post code and a daytime telephone number as we may have to contact you to rearrange an alternative delivery date in the event of unforeseen circumstances, vehicle breakdown, delayed stock, etc.
- A signature may be required on delivery. However goods can be left without being signed for when a prior arrangement has been made between Threaplands Ltd and the customer. Threaplands will not accept any responsibility for goods which are lost or stolen after they have been delivered in accordance with any prior arrangement.
- The vehicles used by Threaplands Ltd are as follows:-
a) Small transit tipper truck capable of delivering a payload of 1.3 tonnes. This vehicle is 2.5m long and requires an access of at least 2.5 meters wide (8 – 9ft), and sufficient space to manoeuvre and unload. Total fully laden weight is 3500kg.
b) Medium sized tipper truck capable of delivering a payload of 4 tonnes. This vehicle is 7m long and requires an access of at least 2.6 meters wide, and sufficient space to manoeuver and unload. Total fully laden weight is 7500kg.
c) Large 8 wheeler bulk delivery lorry capable of delivering a payload of 20 tonnes. This vehicle is 10m long and requires an access of at least 3.0 meters wide and sufficient space to manoeuver. Total fully laden weight is 32,000kg.
Deliveries will not be made where the ground conditions or access are unsuitable. The delivery location must be of firm standing and even. Soft ground, wet grassland, and uneven ground is deemed unsuitable as this may cause damage to the vehicle or cause the vehicle to get stuck.
Your delivery will be cancelled without refund; if the delivery vehicle is unable to safely access the delivery location.
Our delivery charge is non-refundable unless cancelled by the customer 24 hours prior to the arranged delivery date.